You may have seen the post, or heard the cheer rising out of Georgia when my newest book 3 Women Walk Into A Bar was selected as a Kindle Scout book selection. While I’m in the editing and pre-launch process with Kindle Press, I thought it would be a fun thing to play the 10 Question Game with some fellow Kindle Scout authors.
First up is Lisa Weaver. That’s her website and here’s an intro to this week’s author:
Lisa Weaver is a mild-mannered administrative assistant by day, and a hopeless romantic weaving tales of happily-ever-afters with a hint of suspense by night. She lives in Augusta, Maine with the man who is the inspiration behind all her heroes, her husband, Duane. Their cat, Lexi, graciously shares her home with them.
Lisa’s infatuation with words began at an early age. Books—from those first fondly remembered Grimm’s Fairy Tales and Nancy Drew Mysteries, to the classics—have touched her life in so many ways. Within their pages she’s found adventure and mystery; intrigue and love. Her passion for the written word sparked the desire to pen stories that would impact lives in the same way others works enriched hers. That spark ignited the dream that she is now pursuing. Lisa hopes the tales she spins take her readers on extraordinary journeys filled with laughter and love.
- Let’s start this the rough way, like we like our fiction. It’s a two parter. 10 words for each reply.
A. I want to buy you a drink. You can have whatever you want. What do you order, and where are we?
I’m a little fruity, so an icy tropical punch, beachside.
B. Now what would your protagonist order, and where would they be?
Greek Tiger for Rafe (o.j. and ouzo), his private island.
- Write your life’s story—so far—in ten words.
Born in Maine, married my soul mate, and loving life.
- A young writer approaches you and asks you to read their work and give an honest critique. It sucks. What do you say?
Your writing needs polishing, but has potential. Want a mentor?
- You win the Edgar. How are you celebrating?
A quiet, romantic dinner with my husband followed by…dessert.
- You have to complete one of these two tasks in front of a large audience of admirers and haters: 1. Karaoke 2. Soul Train style solo dance. In 10 words, give the name of the song and a description of your performance.
Karaoke. I’d belt out Celine Dion’s The Power Of Love.
- List ten unique things on or around your writing space.
A Wonder Woman coffee mug. My cat, Lexi, who loves to hang out by my desk when I’m writing. A chocolate cake scented candle. A framed print of the cover for “The Billionaire’s Bodyguard Bride”. A photo mouse pad featuring the duck who raised a family near our house. A horse sculpture. I love horses. A comfy love seat. My Smith & Wesson Shield. A 1963 Corvette telephone. Mood music.
- Your agent calls and says he has a book deal in the works, but you’ll have to switch genres to make millions. What do you do?
I say ‘no’, unless I can add a little romance.
- A famous NYC deli is naming a sandwich after you, what is it called and what’s in it?
Lisa’s Lobster Supreme. Succulent lobster mixed with mayo and sprouts.
- You can be any fictional character for a day— just 24 hours. Who are you and why?
Fionna Quinn’s Lexi Sobado. She’s beautiful, brilliant, multi-talented, and tough.
- Forget about writing for a minute. If you weren’t doing this, what would you be doing—if you had all the education and money you’d ever need to be able to take any job, anywhere?
Making the world a safer place as a CIA operative.
That was fun! Thanks, Lisa. You are a good rule follower and a wonderful sport. I’d buy you a fruity drink anytime. And gee, thanks for giving me a lobster craving!
And of course, buy her book, The Billionaire’s Bodyguard Bride here on Amazon. You’ll be reading in seconds with a fast Kindle download and then like me, find yourself anxiously awaiting the next Sentinel Agent book.
If you’re an author and want to join in the question answering fun, simply add a note in the comments and I’ll contact you and set a date.
Have a wonderful rest of the week. See you next Wednesday.